Harter & Schier Funeral Home traces its heritage back to 1917 when Glenn Brenneman and Paul Harter, Sr., the son of former Delphos mayor and Civil War bugler William Harter, established Harter and Brenneman Funeral Home at E. Third and N. Washington streets in Delphos. 8 years later, the funeral home was moved to their present location on West Third Street in a building that formerly housed a doctor’s home and the Delphos City Hospital. Paul Harter, Sr. joined the family business following time in the military service in the 1940s. Grandson Doug Harter became part of the business which still bears the family name in 1970 and remains an active part of the funeral home today.
Owner Eric Schier came to Delphos in 1999 and became owner 2 years later.